The NBA 2020-21 season has been like none other, from the shortest off season to mid-season trade, this season has seen it all so far. As the current season is far from entering into its business end, there are marquee players who have been out with their respective injuries. Not only has it gone onto dismantle the teams, but has led to catastrophic loss as well.
In this article we will take a look at the detailed list of marquee NBA players from different teams who are recovering from their respective injures.
1. LeBron James: He is undoubtedly Los Angeles Lakers’ marquee player as he was averaging more than 25 points, 7.9 rebound and 7.8 assists. He was the leading MVP contender till the time he was fit. But ever since he has suffered a twist is his right ankle, LeBron James has been left reeling on the sideline. Even though he tried bouncing back to help his team, it never worked out.
Without him, the Los Angeles Lakers have dropped down from 3 in the Western Conference to most lately 7, which currently rules them out of the playoff race.
2. James Harden: He led the Brooklyn Nets in numerous games in the absence of Kevin Durant and Kyire Irving. But ever since he suffered from a hamstring injury, the Nets have been on their worst scoring record with Durant and Irving present on the court.
Not only did Harden average more than 25 points per game, but his leadership on the back court is what inspired the youngsters in the squad.
3. Jaylen Brown: The Boston Celtics’ young sensation was their leading scorer on several occasions. He is known to be the ‘Robin’ to Jayson Tatum’s ‘Batman’. Jaylen Brown is currently out due to a sprain in his right ankle, while his team are fighting for a playoff spot against Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat.
4. Donovan Mitchell: Although the Utah Jazz have comfortably clinched their playoff spot amongst the top ranks in the Western Conference, it wouldn’t have been possible without their marquee scorer, Donovan Mitchell.
He was averaging 26.4 points per game and was one of the leading scorers in the NBA. His absence has surely been handed well by Bojan Bogdanovic and Jordan Clarkson, but without Mitchell, Utah Jazz has been left stranded offensively against big teams.
5. Zion Williamson: The New Orleans Pelicans are just 0.37 win% behind San Antonio Spurs to make it into the play-in tournament. With a handful of games left, the devastatingly strong Williamson is out due to a fractured finger.