Former Manchester United player David Beckham has failed to bring in the unsettled forward Cristiano Ronaldo from his former club to Inter Miami this summer. Reports say that Ronaldo has grown increasingly agitated by Manchester United’s lack of transfer activity after one of the worst seasons in the club’s history.
Beckham, who co-owns MLS side Inter Miami had expressed interest to get the 37-year-old. But they claim that Ronaldo has affronted a move to the USA following the reports of United wanting to keep the legendary forward. Similarly, reports also addressed that Premier League side Chelsea and German champions Bayern Munich had tried signing United’s star man.
Soon these reports were shot down as one of the senior officials of the German club denied all the rumours. Sports director Hasan Salihamidzic commented on the rumours and said, “Cristiano Ronaldo is a top player with an outstanding career. However, stories on a potential deal with Bayern are not true,” Salihamidzic said.
I was and still am very happy to be here: Ronaldo
Similarly, Cristiano Ronaldo has addressed last month that he was ‘happy’ at Manchester United and is excited to work under new boss Erik ten Hag. “I was and still am very happy to be here, and what I have to say to the fans is they are amazing,” Ronaldo said. “Even when we lost games, they always support us, they always are with us. The supporters are always in my heart and it’s the people that we all should respect because they are always on our side.”
“For me, the most important thing is to try to win the games and try to win some championship or some cup but I believe that Manchester will be where they belong. As I say before, sometimes it takes time but I still believe,” he continued.
Manchester United’s new manager Erik ten Hag is set to interact with Ronaldo for the first time within the next two weeks as the squad returns to Carrington for pre-season training. The first group of players will be present at United’s training ground on Monday.
Currently, the Red Devils are nearing a £69million deal for the signing of Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong and have been in talks with Inter Milan midfielder Christian Eriksen who is expected to accept their contract offer to join on a free transfer