The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday announced a change of venue for Match No. 32 – Delhi Capital versus Punjab Kings from MCA Stadium, Pune to Brabourne – CCI scheduled on April 20th, 2022, to avoid any further incident due to any undetected case during a long-distance bus journey in a closed environment.
The change of venue has been triggered due to five COVID-19 positive cases in the Delhi Capitals contingent.
1. Mr Patrick Farhat – Physiotherapist (tested positive on April 15th)
2. Mr Chetan Kumar – Sports Massage Therapist (tested positive on April 16th)
3. Mr Mitchell Marsh – Player (tested positive on April 18th)
4. Dr Abhijit Salvi – Team doctor (tested positive on April 18th)
5. Mr Akash Mane – Social Media Content team member (tested positive on April 18th)
The COVID positive cases are under isolation and medical observation. They will be tested on Day 6 and 7 and subject to both the tests being negative they will be re-integrated into the Delhi Capitals bio-secured bubble.
From April 16th onwards, the entire Delhi Capitals contingent has been put under a daily RT-PCR testing procedure. The 4th round of RT-PCR tests conducted on April 19th have returned negative.
The Delhi Capitals contingent will undergo another round of RT-PCR testing on the morning of April 20th.