Justin Wiebe, DICE LA senior design director, has certainly raised a few eyebrows through his recent activities on Twitter. After the enormous success of Battlefield V, which was released in November 2018, the players have been eagerly waiting for the next installment of the video-game series. It might probably be the end of the wait as something is brewing up in Dice, which is the studio behind the Battlefield series.
It all started with Justin Wiebe teasing everyone with a cryptic post on Twitter asking “Any guesses what EA owned franchise I’m thrilled to be working on now?” He later confirmed that he was indeed working on Battlefield.
Correct! It’s Battlefield for the win.
— Justin Wiebe (@JA_Wiebe) February 8, 2021
Is Battlefield VI releasing soon?
Right now, there is no confirmation if the Swedish develop DICE is working on the same Battlefield as DICE HQ – a mode for it, or if they are working on a different Battlefield game altogether. There hasn’t been any announcement of the sixth title of the series as well. The only thing which can be confirmed is that Justin Wiebe is currently working on something crazy and he is definitely enjoying the project, with his Twitter bio saying “Senior Design Director at DICE LA, bringing some “Crazy” to the Battlefield franchise.”
It is no secret that Justin Wiebe loves the ‘Battlefield’ franchise. When he started working on the series, he had said, “It’s wondrous I get to work on a game I fell in love with almost 20 years ago… The sandbox play of 1942 was just amazing for its time. I look forward to hearing from all of you what you loved and hope for in a future BF game.” Last year, EA CEO Andrew Wilson had also said that the next Battlefield will have ‘never-before-seen scale’.
With so much hype around the Battlefield series right now, the fans and the admirers of the franchise can indeed be excited about it. There might be something around the corner and a big announcement might just be on its way.