The long-awaited Caves and Cliffs update for Minecraft, which was first announced by Mojang in Minecon 2020 has finally arrived. Mojang had then mentioned that this major update would bring along important changes to the cave systems and modify the cliffs. The update will also involve crucial bug fixes for axolotls and geodes to the game. Moreover, this update also looks after existing bugs in the games such as grass levitating and the air and game crashes. Recently, a series of snapshots were released in the build-up to the Caves and Cliffs update, which indicates the changes available in the new update. Let’s have a look at the major changes and bug fixes that this update has brought.
Major changes in the update
- Axolotls will now play dead, only when in water
- Llamas will no longer spit at players in peaceful mode
- GUI narration will include position and usage of hovered or focused element
- Geodes to be rarer this time
- Tilting rooted dirt with a how will convert into the dirt and pop out a hanging roots item
Bug Fixes in the new update
- MC-610– Flowers /Grass/ Snow are placed incorrectly in newly created chunks
- MC-102220– Barrier blocks are not shown when “Show Invisible Blocks” is selected in Save structure blocks
- MC-149777– Crash when loading world: java. util.ConcurrentModificationException when using Java 11 or above
- MC-172304– Axolotls, pigglins, hoglins, zoglins and piglin brutes can attack their own teammates
- MC-189535– Catching a fish in a bucket on creative mode doesn’t give the player a new bucket
- MC-191338– Name colour for Minecart with Command Block is incorrect
Technical Changes in the update
- The update includes a new NBT tag for entities- “HasVisualFire”. This will cause any entity with this flag to visually appear on fire, even if they are not actually on fire.
Moreover, as per reports, we can expect lush green caves in the new update, which are underground caves lined with drip leaves, aquifers, cave vines and moss blocks. Additionally, Mojang is likely to introduce five new mountain biomes, with a height up to 256 blocks.