bcci icc revenue model sportstiger

Picture Credit: Twitter

According to a recent report, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is set to earn USD 231 million per year, 38.5 per cent  of net surplus earnings as per the newly proposed revenue sharing model of International Cricket Council (ICC) for the next four commercial years. The governing body of international cricket is going to earn USD 600 million per year for 2024-27, majorly due to the sale of rights to Disney Star, who paid more than USD 3 billion for the Indian market for the same period.

As per the revenue sharing model revealed by ESPNcricinfo, the second-best revenue earner is England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), who could receive USD 41.33 million or 6.89 per cent of the earnings by ICC. The next on the list is Cricket Australia (CA), one of the big three alongside BCCI and ECB, who is projected to take home USD 37.53 million or 6.25 per cent of total ICC earnings.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is next on the agenda, who could receive USD 34.51 million or 5.75 per cent of the total ICC revenue. All the other full members of the ICC could earn under 5 per cent of the earnings individually.

Overall, the 12 full members are expected to take home USD 532.84 million, nearly 88.81 per cent of the ICC earnings, while the remaining USD 67.16 million or 11.19 per cent of the total could go to the associate members.

Meanwhile, this newly proposed revenue sharing model by ICC is based on the component weightings criteria, which includes, the cricket history, performance in both men’s and women’s ICC events over the last 16 years, contribution to the ICC’s commercial revenue, and an equal weightage for the status of being a full member.