Cristiano handed two-game suspension, £50,000 fine for breaking a fan's phone

Author

Updated -

Cr istiano Ronaldo is again in headlines as the footballer now has received a two-match ban and fine as a result of an incident at Goodison Park last April.  The Football Association handed the now-former Manchester United striker a  £50,000 fine and a two-game suspension for smashing a fan's phone. 

In a footage emerged on social media, Ronaldo was seen knocking a mobile phone out of a young boy's hand as he walked down the tunnel following Manchester United's 1-0 defeat to Everton.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has been suspended for two matches, fined £50,000 and warned as to his future conduct for a breach of FA Rule E3. The forward admitted that his conduct after the final whistle of the Premier League game between Manchester United FC and Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022 was improper", FA said in a statement.

Ronaldo, who is currently with Portugal side for the FIFA World Cup 2022, has been charged with improper conduct. The striker will miss two games if he joins another Premier League club. The 37-year-old has also been cautioned by Merseyside Police.

After the incident, which happened in April last year, Ronaldo had apologised for his "outburst" online and invited the young boy to watch a game at Old Trafford as  a 'sign of fair-play and sportsmanship.'

"It's never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing. Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

"I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship", Ronaldo had said in a statement posted on Instagram. However, t he mother of the fan declined the footballer's apology.


  • tag

HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH TOP STORIES IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS

Join our Family Today!