Paris Saint Germain manager Christophe Gatlier gave his thoughts about Lionel Messi’s two-week suspension over an unauthorised trip to Saudi Arabia at the start of the week. Gatlier was speaking ahead of the game against ES Troyes AC at the Stade de l'Aube in Troyes.
In the press conference, Christophe Gatlier did not give share his opinion on the move and further expressed that the decision had been out of his hands in any case. Gatlier also spoke about how he also got to regarding the decisions on Monday.
"I was informed by the board at the start of the week of the decision to suspend Messi. When I was informed, I had the responsibility of not commenting on it," Galtier told at the press conference. "I'm employed by the club and that is my role... The decision was nothing to do with me. I was informed of the decision."
Further in the press conference, Galtier also spoke about the protests outside the home PSG forward Neymar and described the actions as unacceptable for supporters to protest outside a player's house. The Brazilian talisman has been ruled out for the rest of the season after ankle surgery in March. Galtier was also questioned regarding Neymar’s future at the club next season but he declined to comment.
"Regarding the protests in front of a player's home, we have to be careful with that. Private life must remain private," Galtier said. “I can understand the anger, the disappointment of our fans. You may protest at the training ground or at the PSG office or after a match at the Parc des Princes. But I cannot accept it at anyone's house - whether it's Neymar or anyone else."
The Parisians will hope to push for the Ligue 1 title after a few disappointing results in the previous games. Whereas the Aube outfit, meanwhile, will aim to salvage some points at staying in the top division as they sit ten points above relegation.