The IPL 2023 season hasn’t gone as per plan for the Delhi Capitals as they sit at the bottom of the table with two wins from seven games. But the team has now been facing problems off the field which pushed the team management to issue a code of conduct for its players.
This set of rules was brought into practice after a player was caught misbehaving with a woman at a party. The new restrictions demand players to take permission regarding bringing guests to their rooms. Furthermore, no guests are permitted beyond 10 PM as David Warner and the team hope to avoid any more distractions this season.
This Delhi Capitals’ code of conduct was issued after their win over Sunrisers Hyderabad as per a report by the Indian Express. As per these rules, players need to take permission from the team’s integrity officer for the entry of the guest. This permission would also require the guest’s photo identification for room entry. Otherwise, the players are free to interact with their guests in the team hotel’s restaurant or coffee shop.
The franchise has however permitted the players’ wives and girlfriends to travel with the team. But the expenses of their partners are required to be taken by the players. The team members also have to give prior notice regarding when a family member joins the contingent. The players also have to seek permission regarding leaving the team hotel to meet somebody.
The Code of Conduct set by the Delhi Capitals:
- No guests in players’ rooms after 10 PM.
- Photo identification and permission from the IPL team integrity officer are required for acquaintances.
- Players are required to inform the franchise about leaving the team hotel.
- Wives and girlfriends are allowed but at the player’s own expense.
- Players must franchise officials before their family members join the team.
- All players are required to mandatorily attend franchise functions.
- Any breach could lead to a fine or termination of the contract.