Netherlands and Ecuador, both registered an identical 2-0 win over Senegal and hosts Qatar respectively in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener and claimed the top two spots in the Group A. In their next group stage fixture, Netherlands are scheduled to face Ecuador on Friday, November 25 at the Khalifa International Stadium.
Considering their squad depth and experience, Netherlands are the better team and favourites to win the game against Ecuador. Netherlands scored both the goals against Senegal late in the second half as Cody Gakpo broke the deadlock while Davy Klaassen scored the second goal in injury time.
Ecuador, on the other hand, scored both the goals in the first half as captain Enner Valencia scored an early penalty to give the lead to his team and doubled the lead after 15 minutes.
Netherlands vs Ecuador: Match Preview
- Netherlands and Ecuador have faced each other twice as the European side defeated the latter 1-0 in their first meeting in 2006.
- While the second friendly between Netherlands and Ecuador resulted into a 1-1 draw in 2014.
- Netherlands include Virgil van Dijk, Frenkie De Jong, Mathhijs De Ligt, Memphis Depay as their top players.
- Ecuador include Enner Valencia, Pervis Estupiñán, Gonzalo Plata, Moisés Caicedo as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Netherlands 1-0 Ecuador)
- 1st Half: 0-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
Netherlands vs Ecuador: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Netherlands -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Netherlands 1-0 Ecuador
- Netherlands have -125 odds to pick up the win, while Ecuador are listed at +360 to claim victory.
- The draw between Netherlands and Ecuador has been listed at +250 odds.
- Netherlands scored 33 goals in 10 UEFA World Cup Qualifying matches while Ecuador scored 27 goals in 18 CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying matches.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Netherlands conceded eight goals managing a difference of 25 goals while Ecuador managed a difference of 1.05 goals more per game.
- Ecuador (+0.5) are placed on +100 odds while Netherlands (-0.5) have -135 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +105, Under -150.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.