Louis van Gaal's Netherlands finished the group stage at the first place and validated their Round of 16 fixture against the USA, who stood second in the Group B standings. Netherlands are set to take on the likes of the USA on Saturday, December 3 at the Khalifa International Stadium.
Netherlands are unbeaten in the group stage as they defeated Senegal and Qatar while played a 1-1 draw with Ecuador. The Oranje are expected to win the game against the USA considering their players' current form including forward Cody Gakpo, who has scored the joint-most goals in the competition so far.
On the other hand, Christian Pulisic-led USA finished the group stage behind Group B toppers England as they remain unbeaten in the three matches. The USMNT played two draws against Wales and England and defeated Iran in their final fixture to qualify for the Round of 16.
Netherlands vs USA: Match Prediction
- Netherlands and USA have faced each other five times in the international friendlies as the European side dominated the fixture with four wins.
- The USA have won 4-3 in their last match against Netherlands in 2016. Netherlands vs USA: How to Watch
- Netherlands include Virgil van Dijk, Frenkie De Jong, Mathhijs De Ligt, Memphis Depay as their top players.
- USA include Christian Pulisic, Timothy Weah, Weston McKennie, Giovanni Reyna, Sergino Dest as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Netherlands 2-1 USA)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-1
Netherlands vs USA: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 goal (Netherlands -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Netherlands 2-1 USA
- Netherlands have -120 odds to pick up the win, while USA are listed at +333 to claim victory.
- The draw between Netherlands and USA has been listed at +240 odds.
- In the group stage, Netherlands scored a total of five goals in three matches while USA scored a total of two goals in three matches.
- From their opponents in the group stage, Netherlands conceded just one goal managing a difference of four goals while USA also conceded just one goal and managed a goal difference of one.
- USA (+0.5) are placed on -110 odds while Netherlands (-0.5) have -130 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +115, Under -160.
Both teams to score:
- While Netherlands have scored at least one goal in each of their three group stage matches, the USA have scored in two games. The odds for both the teams to score are +100 otherwise it's -145.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.