The second-placed Switzerland are scheduled to square off against the bottom-placed Serbia in their final Group G fixture at the FIFA World Cup 2022 on Friday night. The match between Serbia and Switzerland will take place at the Stadium 974 in Ras Abu Aboud.
Switzerland are placed at the second spot behind toppers Brazil in the Group G standings with three points while Serbia are at the bottom with just one point. In their opener, Switzerland defeated Cameroon 1-0 while Serbia lost 0-2 to Brazil. Switzerland lost 1-0 to Brazil in their second game while Serbia played a 3-3 draw with Cameroon in their second fixture.
Serbia vs Switzerland: Match Preview
- Serbia and Switzerland have faced each other once in the 2018 FIFA World Cup group stage.
- Switzerland defeated Serbia 2-1 in their only head-to-head fixture in the FIFA World Cup 2018.
- Serbia include Dusan Vlahovic, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Dusan Tadic, Luka Jovic as their top players.
- Switzerland include Granit Xhaka, Manuel Akanji, Denis Zakaria, Xherdan Shaqiri, Fabian Schar as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Serbia 0-1 Switzerland)
- 1st Half: 0-0
- 2nd Half: 0-1
Serbia vs Switzerland: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 goal (Switzerland -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Serbia 0-1 Switzerland
- Serbia have +160 odds to pick up the win, while Switzerland are listed at +185 to claim victory.
- The draw between Serbia and Switzerland has been listed at +230 odds.
- Serbia scored a total of 18 goals in eight matches while Switzerland scored a total of 15 goals in eight matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Serbia conceded nine goals while Switzerland conceded just two goals.
- Switzerland (+0.5) are placed on -150 odds while Serbia (-0.5) have +270 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +214, Under -180.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.