Tunisia displayed a tremendous performance in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener as they held Denmark on a goalless draw while Australia suffered a 4-1 defeat against defending champions France in their opener. Tunisia and Australia will square off against each other in their next Group D tie on Saturday, November 26 at the Al Janoub Stadium.
In the Group D, Tunisia managed second spot with one point while Australia are placed at the bottom of the table with 0 point. This is the sixth World Cup for Tunisia, who never qualified for the knockout stages, while Australia are featuring in their fifth consecutive FIFA World Cup with their best finish coming in 2006 as they reached the Round of 16.
Tunisia vs Australia: Match Preview
- Tunisia and Australia have faced each other twice as both the teams shared a win.
- While Australia defeated Tunisia in 1997 friendly, Tunisia got the better of the Socceroos in the FIFA Confederations Cup 2005.
- Tunisia include Hannibal Mejbri, Aissa Laidouni, Wahbi Khazri as their top players.
- Australia include Garang Kuol, Awer Mabil, Ajdin Hrustic, Jason Cummings as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Tunisia 1-0 Australia)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 0-0
Tunisia vs Australia: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Tunisia -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Tunisia 1-0 Australia
- Tunisia have -110 odds to pick up the win, while Australia are listed at +270 to claim victory.
- The draw between Tunisia and Australia has been listed at +210 odds.
- Tunisia scored 11 goals in six matches at the CAF World Cup qualifiers while Australia scored 15 goals in 10 matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Tunisia conceded just two goals while Australia managed a difference of six goals more.
- Australia (+0.5) are placed on +210 odds while Tunisia (-0.5) have +240 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over -125, Under -570.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.