George Russell is a British racing driver who currently competes in Formula One for Mercedes. Russell took up karting at the age of 7 and made his first appearance in Formula One in the 2019 Australian Grand Prix. Russell before making his first appearance in Formula One, has featured in races like Formula Renault 2.0, Formula 4 earlier in 2014.
Russell initially was signed by Williams in 2019 and after playing three F1 seasons, he joined Mercedes in 2022 for a multi-year deal. George Russell has an elder brother named Benjy, whom he attributes as the reason for using 63 as a permanent race number in Formula One.
Age: 25 years
Date of Birth: 15 Feb 1998
Height: 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m)
George Russell's net worth is estimated to be $16 million according to sources like Formulapedia. His salary is estimated to be $8 million per year from his multi-year deal with Mercedes and he also gets an extra amount from F1 for winning races. He has also made money from endorsements and other types of racing as well.
George Russell endorses brands like Puma, Bell Helmets, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, etc. He also owns some of the best luxury cars in the market: McLaren GT ($8,00,000 USD), Mercedes-Benz AMG GT ($1 Million USD), Ferrari 812 Red ($9,50,000), BMW X6 ($1,80,000), and Bentley Bentayga ($8,15,000 USD). He also owns a posh mansion in Britain.
Records and Achievements:
* Won Formula 1 in the 2022 Sao Paulo Grand Prix
* Has achieved one pole position, six fastest laps, and ten podium finishes.
* Won Championship in the 2017 GP3 Series.
* Won FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2018.
* Youngest ever winner of the McLaren Autosport BRDC award (2014).
* Stood fourth in the FIA Formula One Championship with 275 points.
* Runners-up in Masters of Formula 3 in 2015.
* Won Several Karting Championships in the 2011-12 period.