Picture Credit: X/IPL

Picture Credit: X/IPL

The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), who defeated SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) by eight wickets to seal the first berth in the final of the 17th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), will lock horns with them again in the summit clash on Sunday, May 26 at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. This match proves to be a repeat of the IPL 2024 Qualifier 1, which was played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on May 21 (Tuesday).

While the Shreyas Iyer-led side are coming into this match on the back of 10 wins and just three losses in the tournament so far. On the other hand, the SunRisers Hyderabad came back from behind in second half of the season to seal a berth in the IPL 2024 playoffs. However, they were handed a defeat in the Qualifier 1, but their second position finish helped them to feature in the Qualifier 2, where they overcome the challenge of the Rajasthan Royals and secure a 36-run victory. 

IPL 2024 Final: Weather forecast for KKR vs SRH

Talking about the weather of the IPL 2024 Final at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, it is expected to stay patchy cloudy with 97 per cent of cloud cover in the evening hours, as reported by AccuWeather. Although the probability of precipitation on Sunday, May 26 stands at just 3 per cent, the probability of thunderstorms is 1 per cent. 

ipl 2024 final weather forecast

In the build-up to the big game in Chennai, the daytime hours is unlikely to see any rain around with the probability of precipitation standing at 4 per cent and the probability of thunderstorms at 1 per cent. Moreover, the cloud cover is set to remain 100 per cent, as per Accuweather.