Los Angeles Lakers had to settle with a defeat against Golden State Warriors in their NBA 2022-23 regular season opener and will look to register their first win of the campaign when they face city-rivals Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday night at the Crypto.com Arena.
With the return of Kawhi Leonard and signing of John Wall, the Clippers have added depth to their squad with the presence of star players like Paul George, Marcus Morris, Ivica Zubac among others. On the other hand, the Lakers have signed Patrick Beverley to the squad that already features LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook as the top players.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers: Match Prediction
In their last 10 games, the Lakers won two games while the Clippers registered eight victories.
- The Lakers include LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Patrick Beverley, Kendrick Nunn as their star players.
- The Clippers include Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, John Wall, Marcus Morris, Reggie Jackson as their top players.
Average Quarter score:
- 1st quarter: 30-26
- 2nd quarter: 24-28
- 3rd quarter: 26-28
- 4th quarter: 29-30
Clippers at Lakers: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 4.5 points (Clippers -4.5)
Over/Under (OU): 220 points (Over)
Prediction: Lakers 109-112 Clippers
- The Lakers have +120 odds to pick up the win, while the Clippers are listed at -150 to claim victory.
- Last season, Lakers were the underdog 39 times and won 10 while Clippers won 27 of the 39 games it played as favorites.
Against The Spread:
- Last season, the Clippers managed 108.4 points per game while the Lakers averaged 115.1 ppg.
- From their opponents in the last season, the Lakers averaged 3.0 points less per game, and the Clippers managed a difference of 0.0 points per game with just two points more in their total score.
The average implied total in the last season for the Lakers was 114.8 while for the Clippers it was 111.7 points.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.