Ja Morant's Memphis Grizzlies welcomed NBA stars including 2010-11 MVP Derrick Rose, and Marcus Smart from Boston Celtics among others. The Grizzlies also waved off Dillon Brooks to the Houston Rockets and are scheduled to open their 2023-24 regular season campaign against the New Orleans Pelicans, which will feature Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram as their star players.
In the NBA 2022-23 regular season Western Conference standings, the Grizzlies managed the second spot with a 51-31 record while the Pelicans managed 42 wins and 40 losses. While Memphis were knocked out by the Los Angeles Lakers in Round 1 of the Playoffs last season, New Orleans lost their play-in eliminator against the Oklahoma City Thunder and failed to reach the Playoffs.
Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Pelicans: Match Prediction
- Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans shared two wins each last season in their four regular season fixtures.
- The Grizzlies won six of their last 10 regular season clashes against the Pelicans.
- The Grizzlies feature Ja Morant, Derrick Rose, Desmond Bane, Steven Adams, Jaren Jackson Jr., and Marcus Smart as their star players.
- The Pelicans feature Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, CJ McCollum, Jose Alvarado, and Jonas Valančiūnas as their star players.
Average Quarter score: (Grizzlies 115-116 Pelicans)
- 1st quarter: 28-32
- 2nd quarter: 24-25
- 3rd quarter: 34-27
- 4th quarter: 29-32
Pelicans at Grizzlies: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 1.5 points (Grizzlies +1.5)
Over/Under (OU): 227.5 (Over)
Prediction: Grizzlies 115-116 Pelicans
- The Grizzlies have +105 odds to pick up the win, while the Pelicans are listed at -105 to claim victory.
- Last season, the Grizzlies won three of the 16 games they were named the underdogs while the Pelicans lost 11 of the 41 games they played as the favorites.
- Last season, the Grizzlies lost 18 of the 66 games they were named the favorites while the Pelicans won 12 of the 41 games they played as the underdogs.
Against The Spread:
- In the NBA 2022-23 regular season, the Grizzlies averaged 116.9 points per game while the Pelicans averaged 114.4 points per game
- From their opponents last season, the Grizzlies averaged 3.9 points more per game, and the Pelicans averaged 1.9 points more per game.
- For the Pelicans, Zion Williamson (29 games) led the squad last season with 26 points per game followed by Brandon Ingram (45 games) with 24.7 points per game. Apart from them, CJ McCollum (75 games) averaged 20.9 ppg while Trey Murphy III (79 games) scored 14.5 ppg.
- For the Grizzlies, Ja Morant led the squad last season with 24.5 points per game followed by Desmond Bane with 20 points per game. Apart from them, Jaren Jackson Jr. averaged 17.4 ppg while Dillon Brooks (Houston Rockets) scored 16.3 ppg.
Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Pelicans: How to Watch
When and where will the Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match take place?
The NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans will take place on October 26 at 05:30 a.m. IST (October 25, 07:00 p.m. ET) at the FedExForum.
Where to watch the live telecast of the Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match in India and the US?
The live telecast of the NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans will be available on Sports 18 in India and on TNT and NBA TV in the US.
Where to watch the live stream of the Memphis Grizzlies vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match in India and the US?
The NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans can be streamed live on Voot Select, Jio Cinema, and NBA.com on a subscription basis in India, and on ESPN and ABC in the US.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.