The African champions Senegal will square off against the Group A favourites Netherlands in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener on Monday, November 21 at the Al Thumama Stadium in Doha. Senegal and Netherlands are placed in the Group A alongside hosts Qatar and Ecuador.
While Senegal will be missing out on their star forward Sadio Mane, who sustained a leg injury during Bayern Munich's Bundesliga fixture against Werder Bremen. On the other hand, Netherlands are a better side considering their squad depth and experience at the big games.
Senegal vs Netherlands: Match Preview
- Senegal and Netherlands will be facing each other for the first time in Qatar.
- Netherlands are unbeaten in their last six games with five victories while Senegal have lost just one of their last six games, winning three of them.
- Senegal include Kalidou Koulibaly, Edouard Mendy, Abdou Diallo, Idrissa Gueye as their top players.
- Netherlands include Virgil van Dijk, Frenkie De Jong, Mathhijs De Ligt, Memphis Depay as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Senegal 0-3 Netherlands)
- 1st Half: 0-2
- 2nd Half: 0-1
Senegal vs Netherlands: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Netherlands -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Senegal 1-2 Netherlands
- Senegal have +455 odds to pick up the win, while Netherlands are listed at -150 to claim victory.
- The draw between Senegal and Netherlands has been listed at +250 odds.
- Senegal scored a total of nine goals in seven matches during their winning run at the Africa Cup of Nations 2022 while they scored eight goals in the knockout stages.
- Netherlands scored eight goals in four UEFA Euro 2021 matches as they were knocked out in the Round of 16 by Czech Republic.
- From their opponents, Senegal conceded just two goals in the Africa Cup of Nations while Netherlands managed a difference of 1 goal more per game in UEFA Euro 2021.
- Netherlands (-0.5) are placed on -185 odds while Senegal (+0.5) have +130 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +105, Under -145.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.