Like inaugural day of PKL 8th season, Day 2 will also see 3 kabaddi matches being played with Gujarat going against Jaipur, Delhi vs Pune and Haryana vs Patna. Teams like Gujarat, Jaipur, Pune and Patna didn’t perform as per their expectation in 2019 Pro Kabaddi League season and they will be looking to turn tables around in their fortune.
Numbers, stats and facts before the start of Gujarat Giants vs Jaipur Pink Panthers:
– Gujarat and Jaipur have met each other 8 times before in PKL. While Gujarat have won in 5 out of those 8 instances, Jaipur has won only 2 matches out of it with 1 game ending in a draw. Last time when these two sides met each other, Jaipur Pink Panther won by 22-19 margin against Gujarat Giants.
– Jaipur Pink Panther Captain Deepak Niwas Hooda has earned 943 points overall in PKL from Season 1 to 7. He has 856 raid points in PKL history overall out of those 943 points.
Most points in PKL history:
Pardeep Narwal – 1169 Points (107 matches)
Rahul Chaudhari – 1014 Points (122 matches)
Deepak Niwas Hooda – 943 Points (123 matches)
Sandeep Kumar Dhull who plays for Jaipur Panthers has scored 73 tackle points in PKL 2019, which is 4th most in that season.
– Despite a disappointing 2019 PKL season, Gujarat Giants did well in 2017 & 2018/19 PKL seasons. Gujarat in PKL season 5 & season 6 won most matches and topped the table during league stage.
Gujarat performance in PKL during league stage:
Season 5: Won 15 out of 22 matches (3 draws)
Season 6: Won 17 out of 22 matches (2 draws)
Season 7: Won 7 out of 22 matches (2 draws)
Best win% in PKL:
U Mumba – 61.83%
Gujarat Giants – 57.74%
Patna Pirates – 52.23%
Numbers, stats and facts before start of Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Puneri Paltan:
– Delhi and Pune franchise have faced each other 16 times before, where Pune has won on 8 occasions while Delhi have won on 7 instances with 1 game ending in a draw. In 2019 season, Delhi defeated Pune in both their PKL meetings.
– Delhi despite being runners-up of PKL 2019 season have had a poor record in Pro Kabaddi League historically. Among teams who have played more than 100 matches, Delhi remains to be the only team to have won less than 50 matches and their win% of 37.3 is only better than Tamil Thalaivas (22.72%).
Least matches won in PKL (among teams who played more than 100 games):
Dabang Delhi K.C – 47
Puneri Paltan – 50
Telugu Titans – 51
– Puneri Paltan player Rahul Chaudhari has earned 955 raid points in PKL history and remains to be one of the two players to have more than 1000 points in PKL overall.
Numbers, stats and facts before start of Haryana Steelers vs Patna Pirates:
– Haryana and Patna have faced each other 5 times in the past. Haryana have won in 3 of those 5 matches, while Patna has won only 1 game with 1 game ending in a draw.
– Patna Pirates have the record of winning 3 consecutive titles in PKL and holds the record for entering playoffs/eliminator in the first five PKL seasons which happens to be joint-most with U Mumba. In the previous two seasons, Patna ended at 4th position (out of 6 teams) and at 8th position (out of 12 teams).
– Haryana Steelers have qualified into playoffs in 2 out of the 3 seasons that they have played. In PKL 2017 season, Haryana lost eliminator game to Patna Pirates. In 2018/19 season, Haryana ended up being the bottom placed team in their zone by losing 14 out of 22 matches, while in 2019 season they lost eliminator game to U Mumba.