Day 4 of Pro Kabaddi League 2021/22 will again see 3 matches being played. Other than Patna Pirates, remaining 5 teams haven’t tasted success in their first game of this edition so far. The league is about to get excited as it progresses. Let us have a look at some of the important stats and facts before start of PKL Day 4 matches.
Patna Pirates vs U.P. Yoddha:
– Patna Pirates and U.P. Yoddha have faced each other 8 times in PKL. Patna Pirates have been successful in 4 out of their 8 attempts and have lost 3 matches to U.P. Yoddha. (1 match between them has ended in draw).
– Patna’s Monu Goyat has earned 489 raid points in PKL overall and he is just 11 short of being the 12th player to get 500 raid points in Pro Kabaddi League.
– UP’s Sumit Sangwan & captain Nitesh Kumar was very impressive as a defender in the PKL season 7. These both could be key players for UP along with Pardeep Narwal in this important game against Patna.
Most Successful tackles in PKL season 7:
Fazel Atrachali – 77
Sumit Sangwan – 75
Nitesh Kumar – 67
Puneri Paltan vs Telugu Titans:
– Puneri Paltan and Telugu Titans have faced each other 14 times in PKL. Puneri Paltan have won 7 games out of it while Telugu Titans have won 6 out of the 14 meetings (1 match between them has ended in draw).
– Puneri Paltan has made most tackle points since PKL 2019 season.
Most Tackle points in PKL season 7:
Puneri Paltan – 264
U.P. Yoddha – 260
Jaipur Pink Panthers – 240.
– Patna with 9 more tackle points in their first match against Dabang Delhi K.C. in this season has (264+9 = 273) tackle points, which is most for any team since PKL 2019 season.
– Telugu Titans captain Rohit Kumar overall has 670 raid points and stand only behind some of the legendary names like Pradeep Narwal, Rahul Chaudhari, Deepak Niwas Hooda, Ajay Thakur, Maninder Singh and Pawan Kumar Sehrawat.
Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Haryana Steelers:
– Jaipur and Haryana have met each other 8 times. Jaipur has defeated Haryana on 4 occasions while Haryana won on 2 other occasions and remaining 2 matches ended in draw. In the last two seasons, Haryana couldn’t win a single match against the Jaipur side in PKL. Last time Haryana defeated Jaipur was way back in Oct, 2017.
– Surender Nada from Haryana Steelers has made 20 High 5s in PKL so far. Surender Nada earlier in this edition against Patna Pirates made two super tackles with one of them being a High 5 (earning five tackle points in a game) notably. His contribution as defender can be crucial in the match against Jaipur as well.
Most High 5s in PKL :
Surjeet Singh – 27
Manjeet Chillar / Ravinder Pahal – 23
Fazel Atrachali – 21
Surender Nada – 20
– Jaipur Pink Panthers captain Deepak Niwas Hooda has 164 Do-or-Die Raid Points from the 124 matches that he has played so far. He has been in a tight competition with other players like Rahul Chaudhari and Ajay Thakur.
Most Do-or-Die Raid Points in PKL:
Rahul Chaudhari – 165
Deepak Niwas Hooda – 164
Ajay Thakur – 163
Arjun Deshwal has earned 6 Do-or-Die points earlier in this edition against Gujarat Giants. He can also be a key player for Jaipur side along with the skipper Deepak Niwas Hooda.