Defying all the odds, Jimmy Butler-led Miami Heat defeated Jayson Tatum's Boston Celtics in the first game of their NBA 2022-23 Eastern Conference Finals at the TD Garden and the Celtics will again host the Heat for Game 2 on Friday evening. While the Celtics defeated Philadelphia 76ers 4-3 in the semifinals, the Heat defeated New York Knicks 4-2 to qualify for the final.
In their last five NBA fixtures, the Heat have won four matches while the Celtics have won two games. The Celtics have lost 16 of their 49 home games while the Heat have won 22 of their 48 road games in the NBA 2022-23. While the Celtics defeated Atlanta Hawks 4-2 in the first round, the Heat upset the Bucks 4-1 to qualify for the semi-final.
Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat: Match Prediction
- Boston Celtics and Miami Heat have played four games in the regular season and both the teams won two games.
- The Celtics and the Heat have played five Playoff series and the Heat won twice while the Celtics won just one.
- Miami managed a 1-0 lead against Boston after winning Game 1 in the Eastern Conference Finals.
- The Celtics include Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Malcolm Brogdon, Marcus Smart, and Al Horford as their star players.
- The Heat include Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, Gabe Vincent, Kyle Lowry, and Kevin Love as their star players.
Average Quarter score: (Celtics 114-104 Heat)
- 1st quarter: 28-26
- 2nd quarter: 26-27
- 3rd quarter: 31-24
- 4th quarter: 29-27
Heat at Celtics: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 8.5 points (Celtics -8.5)
Over/Under (OU): 215.5 (Over)
Prediction: Celtics 114-104 Heat
- The Celtics have -400 odds to pick up the win, while the Heat are listed at +310 to claim victory.
- This season, the Celtics lost 27 of the 90 games they were named the favorites while the Heat won 11 of the 41 games they played as the underdogs.
- This season, the Celtics won three of the seven games they were named the underdogs while the Heat lost 22 of the 55 games they played as the favorites.
Against The Spread:
- In the playoffs, the Celtics are averaging 115.6 points per game while the Heat are scoring 114.1 points per game.
- The Celtics are averaging 1.5 points more than the Heat in the playoffs this season.
- For the Heat, Jimmy Butler led the scoring with 31.5 points in the playoffs, followed by Bam Adebayo (18.3) and Gabe Vincent (11.8).
- For the Celtics, Jayson Tatum leads the scoring with 28.3 points per game in the playoffs, followed by Jaylen Brown (24.4), Marcus Smart (15.6), and Malcolm Brogdon (15.1).
Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat: How to Watch
When and where will the Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match take place?
The NBA match between Boston Celtics and Miami Heat will take place on May 20 at 06:00 am IST (May 19, 07:30 pm ET) at the TD Garden.
Where to watch the live telecast of the Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The live telecast of the NBA match between Boston Celtics and Miami Heat will be available on Sports 18 in India and on TNT and NBA TV in the US.
Where to watch the live stream of the Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The NBA match between Boston Celtics and Miami Heat can be streamed live on Voot Select, Jio Cinema, and NBA.com on a subscription basis in India, and on ESPN and ABC in the US.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.