After taking a 1-0 lead, Nikola Jokic-led Denver Nuggets will again host LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers at the Ball Arena on Thursday in the second game of their NBA Eastern Conference Finals 2023. In a hard-fought battle on Tuesday, the Nuggets outscored the Lakers by 132-126 to claim the victory. While the Nuggets defeated Phoenix Suns 4-2 in the semifinals, the Lakers defeated Golden State Warriors 4-2 to qualify for the Conference Finals.
In their last five NBA fixtures, the Nuggets and the Lakers, both have won three matches. The Nuggets have lost seven of their 48 home games while the Lakers have won 22 of their 48 road games in the NBA 2022-23. While the Nuggets defeated Minnesota Timberwolves 4-1 in the first round, the Lakers knocked out Memphis Grizzlies 4-2 to qualify for the semifinals.
Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers: Match Prediction
- Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers have played four games in the regular season and both won their respective home games.
- The Nuggets and the Lakers have played seven Playoff series and the Lakers won all the series.
- Denver took a 1-0 lead against the LA Lakers in Game 1 of their Conference Finals.
- The Nuggets include Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray, Aaron Gordon, Michael Porter Jr, and Bruce Brown Jr. as their star players.
- The Lakers include LeBron James, Anthony Davis, D'Angelo Russell, Austin Reaves, and Lonnie Walker IV as their star players.
Average Quarter score: (Nuggets 112-116 Lakers)
- 1st quarter: 29-28
- 2nd quarter: 27-25
- 3rd quarter: 26-31
- 4th quarter: 30-32
Lakers at Nuggets: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 5.5 points (Lakers +5.5)
Over/Under (OU): 226.5 (Over)
Prediction: Nuggets 112-116 Lakers
- The Nuggets have -250 odds to pick up the win, while the Lakers are listed at +190 to claim victory.
- This season, the Nuggets lost 21 of the 74 games they were named the favorites while the Lakers won 18 of the 51 games they played as the underdogs.
- This season, the Nuggets won nine of the 20 games they were named the underdogs while the Lakers lost 11 of the 45 games they played as the favorites.
Against The Spread:
- In the playoffs, the Nuggets are averaging 117.2 points per game while the Lakers are scoring 113.5 points per game.
- The Nuggets are averaging 3.7 points more than the Lakers in the playoffs this season.
- For the Lakers, LeBron James leads the scoring with 23.6 points per game in the playoffs, followed by Anthony Davis (22.6), Austin Reaves (16), and D'Angelo Russell (15.1).
- For the Nuggets, Nikola Jokic led the scoring with 31 points in the playoffs, followed by Jamal Murray (26.3), Michael Porter Jr. (14.5), and Aaron Gordon (13.1).
Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers: How to Watch
When and where will the Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match take place?
The NBA match between Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers will take place on May 19 at 06:00 am IST (May 18, 07:30 pm ET) at the Ball Arena.
Where to watch the live telecast of the Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The live telecast of the NBA match between Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers will be available on Sports 18 in India and on TNT and NBA TV in the US.
Where to watch the live stream of the Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The NBA match between Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers can be streamed live on Voot Select, Jio Cinema, and NBA.com on a subscription basis in India, and on ESPN and ABC in the US.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.