England are among the favorites to lift the FIFA World Cup 2022 and are scheduled to open their World Cup campaign against Iran at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha on Monday, November 21. England and Iran are placed in the Group B alongside Wales and the USA.
In the 2018 World Cup, England were eliminated by Croatia after suffering a 2-1 defeat in the semifinals while Iran were knocked out from the group stage of the competition after losing to Spain and playing a draw against Portugal.
England vs Iran: Match Preview
- England and Iran will face each other for the first time in FIFA World Cup 2022.
- England are winless in their last five international games while Iran have won three games in their last five matches.
- England will feature a world-class squad including Harry Kane, Phil Foden, Bukayo Saka, Mason Mount, Jude Bellingham among others.
- Iran include Mehdi Taremi, Hossein Kanaanizadegan, Alireza Beiranvand, Ali Gholizadeh as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (England 3-1 Iran)
- 1st Half: 2-0
- 2nd Half: 1-1
England vs Iran: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 1.5 points (Iran +1.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: England 2-0 Iran
- England have -300 odds to pick up the win, while Iran are listed at +750 to claim victory.
- The draw between England and Iran has been listed at +310 odds.
- England scored a total of 39 goals in 10 matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers while Iran scored 15 goals in 10 third round matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents, England conceded just three goals in the qualifiers while Iran managed a difference of 11 goals.
- Iran (+1.5) are placed on -175 odds while England (-1.5) have +125 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +102, Under -188.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.