Argentina kicked off their FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign with a disappointing 1-2 loss against Saudi Arabia and will look to keep their tournament alive with a win against Mexico in their next fixture on Saturday night at the Lusail Stadium. Mexico, on the other hand, played a goalless draw with Poland in their Group C opener as goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa saved Robert Lewandowski's penalty.
While Argentina are placed at the bottom of the Group C points table, Mexico are on the third spot with one point. Argentina captain Lionel Messi scored the only goal for his team against Saudi Arabia from the spot while Mexico failed to score a single goal.
Argentina vs Mexico: Match Preview
- Argentina and Mexico have faced each other 13 times in major tournaments and the former dominated with eight victories while the latter have registered just one win. Argentina vs Mexico: How to Watch
- Argentina and Mexico squared off in three FIFA World Cup, four Copa America, four Pan-American Championship, and once in Copa de Mexico and FIFA Confederations Cup each.
- Argentina include Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria, Lisandro Martinez, Emiliano Martinez, Lautaro Martinez as their top players.
- Mexico include Guillermo Ochoa, Raul Jimenez, Hirving Lozano, Hector Herrera, Edson Alvarez as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Argentina 2-1 Mexico)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-1
Argentina vs Mexico: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Argentina -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Argentina 2-1 Mexico
- Argentina have -190 odds to pick up the win, while Mexico are listed at +500 to claim victory.
- The draw between Argentina and Mexico has been listed at +290 odds.
- Argentina scored 27 goals in seven games at the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers while Mexico scored 17 goals in 14 matches at the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Argentina conceded eight goals while Mexico managed a difference of nine goals more.
- Mexico (+0.5) are placed on +135 odds while Argentina (-1.5) have -210 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +100, Under -145.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.