Record five-time World Cup winner Brazil are scheduled to take on the likes of Serbia on Thursday night at the Lusail Stadium in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener. Brazil and Serbia are placed in the Group G alongside Cameroon and Switzerland, who will also face each other on Thursday.
Brazil enter the tournament as favourites, however, one of the favourites, Argentina opened their FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign with a defeat against Saudi Arabia at the same stadium. Brazil last won the World Cup in 2002 and qualified for the semifinals in 2014 while eliminated in the quarterfinals in the remaining three editions.
On the other hand, Serbia last qualified for the knockout stages in 1998 while failed to qualify for the World Cups in 2002 and 2014. In the FIFA World Cup 2018, Serbia bagged 23rd position out of the 32 participating nations.
Brazil vs Serbia: Match Preview
- Brazil and Serbia have faced each other twice as the South American side winning both the games.
- While Brazil defeated Serbia 2-0 in the 2018 World Cup, the latter lost 1-0 in the 2014 friendly.
- Brazil include Neymar Jr., Vinicius Jr., Thiago Silva, Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus as their top players.
- Serbia include Dusan Vlahovic, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Dusan Tadic, Luka Jovic as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Brazil 3-0 Serbia)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 2-0
Brazil vs Serbia: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 1.5 points (Brazil -1.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Brazil 3-0 Serbia
- Brazil have -225 odds to pick up the win, while Serbia are listed at +600 to claim victory.
- The draw between Brazil and Serbia has been listed at +330 odds.
- Brazil topped the points table with 14 victories in 17 CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers and scored a total of 40 goals.
- Serbia managed direct qualification after defeating Portugal in the UEFA World Cup qualifiers and scored a total of 18 goals in eight matches.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Brazil conceded five goals managing a difference of 35 goals while Serbia managed a difference of 1.05 goals more per game.
- Serbia (+1.5) are placed on -165 odds while Brazil (-1.5) have +120 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over -135, Under +100.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.