E ngland kicked off their FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign with a dominant 6-2 win over Iran and are scheduled to face the likes of the USA in their next Group B fixture at the Al Bayt Stadium on Friday night. On the other hand, USA had to settle for a 1-1 draw against Wales after leading the game in the first half of their World Cup opener .
Five England players including Bukayo Saka, Jude Bellingham, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford and Jack Grealish marked their names in the goal sheet against Iran while Timothy Weah scored the only goal for the USA, which was later equalised by Wales captain Gareth Bale.
England vs USA: Match Preview
- England and USA have faced each other in eight friendlies, two World Cup matches and one match in the US Cup.
- The Three Lions defeated USA in eight friendlies while USA claimed victories in 1950 World Cup and 1993 US Cup. In the 2010 World Cup, England and USA played a 1-1 draw against each other.
- England include Harry Kane, Phil Foden, Bukayo Saka, Mason Mount, Jude Bellingham as their top players.
- USA include Christian Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Giovanni Reyna, Sergino Dest as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (England 2-0 USA)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
England vs USA: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (England -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: England 2-0 USA
- England have -185 odds to pick up the win, while USA are listed at +500 to claim victory.
- The draw between England and USA has been listed at +300 odds.
- England scored a total of 39 goals in 10 matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers while USA scored a total of 21 goals in 14 matches at the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, England conceded just three goals while USA managed a difference of 11 goals more.
- USA (+0.5) are placed on +140 odds while England (-0.5) have -200 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over -120, Under -120.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.