After defeating Australia 4-1 in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener, defending champions France are scheduled to square off against Denmark, who played a goalless draw against Tunisia in their World Cup opener, on Saturday, November 26 at the Stadium 974 in Ras Abu Aboud.
Olivier Giroud scored two goals against Australia and tied Thierry Henry's (51) record of most goals for France national team. Giroud also became the oldest goal scorer for France at the age of 35 years and 357 days. On the other hand, Denmark failed to score a goal against Tunisia and are placed at the third spot in the Group D standings.
France vs Denmark: Match Preview
- France and Denmark have faced each other 16 times as the two-time World Cup winners won eight games while they lost six matches. France vs Denmark: How to Watch
- France and Denmark have faced each other in three FIFA World Cup matches and France won in 1998 while Denmark won in 2002 and they played a draw in 2018.
- France include Kylian Mbappe, Olivier Giroud, Adrien Rabiot, Antoine Griezmann, Hugo Lloris as their top players.
- Denmark include Christian Eriksen, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Andreas Christensen, Joakim Maehle as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (France 2-0 Denmark)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
France vs Denmark: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (France -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: France 2-0 Denmark
- France have -120 odds to pick up the win, while Denmark are listed at +340 to claim victory.
- The draw between France and Denmark has been listed at +250 odds.
- France scored a total of 18 goals in 8 matches while Denmark scored 30 goals in 10 matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, both France and Denmark conceded three goals to manage a goal difference of 15 and 27 respectively.
- Denmark (+0.5) are placed on +270 odds while France (-0.5) have -190 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +105, Under -145.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.