Japan produced one of the biggest upsets in the FIFA World Cup 2022 as the Samurai Blue defeated four-time World Cup winners Germany 2-1 in their Group E opener. Costa Rica, on the other hand, were no match to Spain as they lost 7-0 in their World Cup opener. Japan and Costa Rica will face each other on Sunday, November 27 at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium.
With three points after their first game, Japan are placed at the second spot in the Group E points table while Costa Rica are placed at the bottom of the standings with zero points. Japan will look to continue their good form against Costa Rica while the American side will look to claim at least one point from the Sunday's game.
Japan vs Costa Rica: Match Preview
- Japan and Costa Rica have faced each other in five friendlies and the Asian side have dominated the matchup with four victories while one game resulted into a draw.
- Japan include Maya Yoshida, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Takumi Minamino, Takefusa Kubo as their top players.
- Costa Rica include Keylor Navas, Joel Campbell, Celso Borges, Bryan Luiz as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Japan 1-0 Costa Rica)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
Japan vs Costa Rica: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Japan -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Japan 1-0 Costa Rica
- Japan have -145 odds to pick up the win, while Costa Rica are listed at +700 to claim victory.
- The draw between Japan and Costa Rica has been listed at +420 odds.
- Japan scored 12 goals in 10 AFC World Cup qualifying matches while Costa Rica scored 13 goals in 14 CONCACAF qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Japan managed a difference of eight goals more while Costa Rica managed a difference of five goals more.
- Costa Rica (+0.5) are placed on -165 odds while Japan (-0.5) have +200 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +190, Under -178.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.