Morocco are scheduled to face 2018 runners-up Croatia in their FIFA World Cup 2022 opener at the Al Bayt Stadium. Morocco and Croatia are placed in the Group F alongside Belgium and Cana da.
After failing to qualify for the World Cup finals from 2002 to 2014, Morocco booked their second consecutive qualification for the FIFA World Cup 2022. On the other hand, Croatia lost the final of the 2018 World Cup against France and will look to continue their exceptional performance in Qatar.
Morocco vs Croatia: Match Preview
- Morocco and Croatia have faced each other once, in 1996 Hassan II Trophy and the latter won the fixture.
- In their last six games, Croatia are winless and have won five matches while Morocco have won three games and lost one.
- Morocco include Achraf Hakimi, Hakim Ziyech, Noussair Mazraoui, Sofiane Boufal as their top players.
- Croatia include Luka Modric, Ivan Perisic, Mateo Kovacic, Marcelo Brozovic as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Morocco 1-2 Croatia)
- 1st Half: 0-1
- 2nd Half: 1-1
Morocco vs Croatia: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Croatia -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Morocco 1-2 Croatia
- Morocco have +300 odds to pick up the win, while Croatia are listed at +100 to claim victory.
- The draw between Morocco and Croatia has been listed at +220 odds.
- Morocco topped the CAF World Cup qualifiers group stage with six victories in six games and scored a total of 20 goals in six matches while Croatia won seven matches and scored 21 goals in 10 UEFA World Cup qualifying matches.
- From their opponents, Morocco conceded just one goal in the qualifiers while Croatia managed a difference of 17 goals more.
- Croatia (-0.5) are placed on -110 odds while Morocco (+0.5) have -130 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +125, Under -185
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.