Qatar and Senegal are placed at the bottom of the points table after losing their first game and are scheduled to face each other in their next FIFA World Cup 2022 group stage fixture on Friday, November 25 at the Al Thumama Stadium. Hosts Qatar and Sadio Mane-less Senegal, both faced a similar 2-0 defeats against Ecuador and Netherlands respectively in their Group A opener.
Qatar were outplayed by Ecuador in their first match as the World Cup hosts failed to register a shot on target while Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy made two errors against Netherlands that resulted into goals and costed the match for the AFCON champions.
Qatar vs Senegal: Match Preview
- This will be the first time when Qatar and Senegal will face each other.
- While Ecuador snapped Qatar's four-match winning streak in the World Cup opener, Senegal have failed to win their last two games.
- Qatar include Hassan Al-Haydos, Akram Afif, Almoez Ali, Saad Al Sheeb, Abdelkarim Hassan as their top players.
- Senegal include Kalidou Koulibaly, Edouard Mendy, Abdou Diallo, Idrissa Gueye as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Qatar 0-2 Senegal)
- 1st Half: 0-0
- 2nd Half: 0-2
Qatar vs Senegal: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Senegal -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Qatar 0-2 Senegal
- Qatar have +500 odds to pick up the win, while Senegal are listed at -160 to claim victory.
- The draw between Qatar and Senegal has been listed at +260 odds.
- Qatar scored a total of 18 goals in 8 matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers while Senegal scored a total of nine goals in seven matches during their winning run at the AFCON 2022.
- From their opponents, Qatar conceded just one goal in the qualifiers while Senegal conceded just two goals in AFCON 2022.
- Senegal (-0.5) are placed on -175 odds while Qatar (+0.5) have +125 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +120, Under -175.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.