Saudi Arabia are scheduled to square off against Mexico in their final group stage fixture at the FIFA World Cup 2022 on Wednesday night at the Lusail Stadium. The match between Saudi Arabia and Mexico will take place simultaneously with the match against Poland and Argentina.
Saudi Arabia and Mexico are placed at the third and the fourth place in the Group C with three and one point respectively. In their opener, Saudi Arabia defeated tournament favourites Argentina 2-1 while Mexico played a goalless draw against Poland. In their second group fixture, Saudi Arabia faced a 2-0 loss to Poland, similarly Mexico lost 2-0 to Argentina.
Saudi Arabia vs Mexico: Match Preview
- Saudi Arabia and Mexico have faced each other five times as the South American side dominated the Middle East team with four wins while one game resulted into draw.
- Saudi Arabia include Nasser Al-Dawsari, Salman Al-Faraj, Saleh Al-Shehri, Firas Al-Buraikan as their top players.
- Mexico include Guillermo Ochoa, Raul Jimenez, Hirving Lozano, Hector Herrera, Edson Alvarez as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Saudi Arabia 1-2 Mexico)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 2-0
Saudi Arabia vs Mexico: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 goal (Saudi Arabia -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Saudi Arabia 1-2 Mexico
- Saudi Arabia have +380 odds to pick up the win, while Mexico are listed at -150 to claim victory.
- The draw between Saudi Arabia and Mexico has been listed at +300 odds.
- Saudi Arabia scored a total of 12 goals in 10 games in the AFC World Cup qualifiers third round while Mexico scored a total of 17 goals in 14 matches at the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Saudi Arabia managed a difference of six goals more while Mexico managed a difference of nine goals more.
- Mexico (-0.5) are placed on -165 odds while Saudi Arabia (+0.5) have +120 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over -155, Under +105.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.