Cristiano Ronaldo-led Portugal are yet to lose a game in the FIFA World Cup 2022 as the European giants are set to face the likes of Heung-Min Son's South Korea, who are yet to win a game, in their final group stage clash on Friday, December 2 at the Education City Stadium.
Portugal are sitting at the top of the Group H standings with six points in two matches while South Korea are placed at the third position with just one point. Portugal opened their World Cup campaign with a 3-2 victory over Ghana and defeated Uruguay 2-0 in their second fixture. On the other hand, South Korea played a goalless draw against Uruguay in their opener and lost 3-2 to Ghana in their second match.
South Korea vs Portugal: Match Preview
- South Korea and Portugal have faced each other once as the Asian side won the fixture.
- South Korea and Portugal faced each other in the 2002 FIFA World Cup and Korea Republic won the game 1-0.
- South Korea include Heung-Min Son, Min-Jae Kim, Young-gwon Kim, Woo-jeong Yeong as their top players.
- Portugal include Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Joao Cancelo, Ruben Dias as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (South Korea 1-2 Portugal)
- 1st Half: 1-1
- 2nd Half: 0-1
South Korea vs Portugal: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 goal (Portugal -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: South Korea 1-2 Portugal
- South Korea have +425 odds to pick up the win, while Portugal are listed at -165 to claim victory.
- The draw between South Korea and Portugal has been listed at +310 odds.
- South Korea scored a total of 13 goals in 10 matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers while Portugal scored a total of 17 goals in eight matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, South Korea conceded three goals managing a difference of 10 goals while Portugal conceded six goals.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over -133, Under -111.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.