Switzerland and Cameroon are scheduled to square off against each other on Thursday, November 24 at the Al Janoub Stadium in Al Wakrah. Switzerland and Cameroon are placed in the Group G alongside tournament favourites Brazil and Serbia.
Switzerland faced elimination in the Round of 16 stage at two consecutive FIFA World Cups in 2014 and 2018 and will look to break the deadlock in Qatar. Cameroon's best run at the FIFA World Cup was in 1990 when they reached the quarterfinals, however, the team have failed to progress from the group stage since then.
After showing promising performance in the UEFA World Cup qualifiers, Switzerland booked a direct qualification to the FIFA World Cup finals in Qatar after finishing at the top of the group that also included four-time World Cup winners Italy. On the other hand, Cameroon registered five victories in six games to qualify for the Qatar World Cup after failing to feature in the 2018 World Cup.
Switzerland vs Cameroon: Match Preview
- Switzerland and Cameroon will be squaring off against each other for the first time ever.
- Switzerland include Granit Xhaka, Manuel Akanji, Denis Zakaria, Xherdan Shaqiri, Fabian Schar as their top players.
- Cameroon include Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, Frank Anguissa, Andre Onana, Vincent Aboubakar as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Switzerland 2-1 Cameroon)
- 1st Half: 1-1
- 2nd Half: 1-0
Switzerland vs Cameroon: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Switzerland -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Switzerland 2-1 Cameroon
- Switzerland have -130 odds to pick up the win, while Cameroon are listed at +380 to claim victory.
- The draw between Switzerland and Cameroon has been listed at +250 odds.
- Switzerland scored a total of 15 goals in 8 matches at the UEFA World Cup qualifiers while Cameroon scored 12 goals in six CAF World Cup qualifying matches.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Switzerland conceded just two goals in the qualifiers while Cameroon managed a difference of 9 goals more.
- Cameroon (+0.5) are placed on +100 odds while Switzerland (-0.5) have -140 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +120, Under -165.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.