Indian captain Mithali Raj has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket. Raj made her international debut way back in June 1999 and played her last game against South Africa in Women's World Cup 2022.
In a career that spanned for 23 years, Mithali created and broke many records and achieved many milestones.
Here in this article, we will have a look at her career stats and some of the major milestone that she has achieved.
699 runs from 19 innings (12 matches)
Avg - 43.68
50s : 4; 100s : 1
HS - 214 vs Eng in Taunton, 2002
7805 runs from 211 innings (232 matches)
Avg - 50.68
50s : 64; 100s : 7
HS - 125*(143) vs SL in Katunayake, 2018
2364 runs from 84 innings (89 matches)
Avg - 37.52
50s : 17; 100s : 0
HS - 97* vs Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, 2018
Achievements of Mithali Raj:
- Mithali Raj's ODI Career spanned for 22 years and 274 days which is highest for any cricketer.
Longest ODI career for a cricketer:
Mithali Raj : 22 years & 274 days (1999-2022)
Sachin Tendulkar : 22 years & 91 days (1989-2012)
Sanath Jayasuriya : 21 years & 184 days (1989-2011)
Javed Miandad : 20 years & 272 days (1975-1996)
Jhulan Goswami : 20 years & 75 days (2002-2022)
NOTE - This timeline is calculated based on debut ODI and last ODI game played by a player.
- Mithali Raj is the first women to play more than 200 ODI matches and holds the record for playing most matches (232) in Women's ODI.
- Mithali Raj is the highest run-scorer in Women's ODI and she remains to be the only women to smash more than 7000 runs (7805) in ODIs so far.
- Mithali Raj holds the record for captaining most matches in WODIs (155) so far.
- Mithali Raj has has most fifty-plus scores (13) in Women's World Cups.
- Mithali Raj holds the record for being the only cricketer to smash 7 consecutive fifty-plus scores in Women's ODI (achieved that feat in 2017).
- Mithali's batting average of 50.68 in WODI's is 2nd highest for any cricketer who batted at least 50 innings.
Highest batting average in WODI's (Minimum 50 Innings):
Meg Lanning - 53.13 (100 inns)
Mithali Raj - 50.68 (211 inns)
Ellyse Perry - 50.28 (103 inns)
- Mithali Raj in her debut ODI match smashed 114* vs Ireland which remains to be the highest score for an Indian Women on an ODI debut. Also she remains to be youngest Player to smash a century in Women's ODI.
- Mithali Raj is the only cricketer to play six editions of Women's WC. She Captained Indian Women's team in WC during 2005, 2013, 2017 & 2022
- Mithali Raj holds the record for captaining most matches (28) in Women's WC.
- Mithali Raj is the only Indian Women cricketer to smash a double century in Test Cricket. Mithali's 214 vs Eng still remains to be the 2nd highest score in Women's Test Cricket.