In a shocking turn of events, Pakistan Cricket Board has banned Australian all-rounder James Faulkner from participating in future editions of the Pakistan Super League. PCB shared the information via a press release following Faulkner's allegations against board for not making his contractually agreed payments related to his participation with the Quetta Gladiators.
In a press release, PCB stated that "taking serious note of Mr James Faulkner's gross misconduct, it has been unanimously agreed by the PCB and the franchises that Mr James Faulkner will not be drafted in future HBL Pakistan Super League events."
Notably, Australian all-rounder James Faulkner on Saturday alleged PCB for lying to him and not clearing his contractually agreed payments regarding his participation with Quetta Gladiators in Pakistan Super League.
ALSO READ | India's squad for series against Sri Lanka announced
The 31-year-old has left the tournament midway after being allegedly ill-treated by the PCB and his franchise. Through a post on social media, Faulkner expressed his disappointment with the Pakistan Cricket Board and termed their behaviour disgraceful.
Notably, Faulkner was not included in playing 11 by Quetta Gladiators in the last three matches, and with his recent tweet, the reason can be understood. Faulkner's tweet read, "The treatment I have received has been a disgrace from the @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20. I'm sure you all understand my position."
However, minutes after Faulkner took Pakistan cricket by storm, a Pakistan based journalist and former match presenter associated with PSL slammed the Australian all-rounder for spreading lies.
Responding to Faulkner's allegations, Farid Khan wrote on Twitter, "Faulkner has been involved in controversies in the past too; I didn't want to tweet it, but I will have to. Faulkner was sent back home this morning; he had broken the chandelier of PC hotel in Lahore too, had thrown his personal belongings in disgust as well."
Adding further, he wrote, "There has never been a single issue with PSL due to non-payments EVER. All players are paid 50%-70% in advance, and the rest of the payment is released too. PSL has happened every year smoothly and without any issues.
The Pak journalist shared a picture of a broken chandelier from a hotel, claiming that Faulkner caused the damage.
Notably, PCB's official statement revealed the exact details regarding what unfolded. As per the press release, Faulkner had already been paid 70% of the fees as per the rules with remaining 30% scheduled to be paid 40 days after the end of season.
ALSO READ | India's probable XI for Test series against Sri Lanka
However, the all-rounder wanted the payment in another account (with payment already received in another account of his whose details he (and his agent) had submitted earlier. This is what led to the whole drama.
James Faulkner was part of the Quetta Gladiators, who are currently placed at the fifth spot in the points table, with three wins from their last nine games. Faulkner played six games this season and clinched six wickets while scoring 49-runs. He has been a seasoned campaigner at PSL but unfortunately, as it looks like, he won't be part of the tournament in future now.