Qatar will host Ecuador in the FIFA World Cup 2022 opener on Sunday, November 20 at the Al Bayt Stadium. While Ecuador finished on the fourth spot in the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers with the help of their spectacular defensive performance in the tournament, Qatar qualified directly for the World Cup after winning the hosting rights of the marquee event.
Ecuador qualified for their fourth FIFA World Cup after featuring in the 2002, 2006 and 2014 editions while the hosts, Qatar will make their World Cup debut in the FIFA World Cup 2022. While Qatar lack experience against the top sides in the world, Ecuador were the joint-third least goal conceding team in the CONMEBOL qualifiers after Brazil and Argentina.
Qatar vs Ecuador: Match Preview
- Qatar and Ecuador have faced each other once, in a international friendly on October 12, 2018 and the hosts won the fixture 4-3 against the South American side.
- Qatar include Hassan Al-Haydos, Akram Afif, Almoez Ali, Saad Al Sheeb, Abdelkarim Hassan as their top players.
- Ecuador include Enner Valencia, Pervis Estupiñán, Gonzalo Plata, Moisés Caicedo as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Qatar 1-2 Ecuador)
- 1st Half: 0-1
- 2nd Half: 1-1
Qatar vs Ecuador: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 1.5 points (Ecuador -1.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Over)
Prediction: Qatar 1-2 Ecuador
- Qatar have +205 odds to pick up the win, while Ecuador are listed at +135 to claim victory.
- The draw between Qatar and Ecuador has been listed at +185 odds .
- Qatar scored a total of 18 goals in 8 matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers while Ecuador scored 27 goals in 18 CONMEBOL qualifying matches.
- From their opponents, Qatar conceded just one goal in the qualifiers while Ecuador managed a difference of 1.05 goals more per game.
- Ecuador (-0.5) are placed on +130 odds while Qatar (+0.5) have -185 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. O ver +150, Under -210.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.