The Asian Games 2023 will officially begin on September 23, but the qualifying rounds of some of the events have started on September 19. Many of the rowers have already qualified for the finals on Sunday, September 24, except for Balraj Panwar, who finished third in heat 1 in the men’s single scull event.
The Indian table tennis squad, led by Sharat Kamal and Manika Batra, will begin its campaign at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on September 22. The Indian volleyball team started the Asian Games with a big upset, bettering three-time Asian Games champion South Korea and then beating Cambodia fairly comfortably. They will face either Chinese Taipei or Mongolia, depending on further results.
India’s tally of 20 medals in sailing at the Asian Games includes one gold, seven silver, and 12 bronze, and the athletes are expected to add to that in this edition.
Asian Games: India's schedule on September 22
- Semifinals, Men's single scull (M1X), -Balraj Panwar, -12:30 PM IST
- Men’s and Women’s Teams: Round 1-7:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Men's and Women's Team Round 2-1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Men’s Quarterfinals/Playoff Matches
- India vs Chinese Taipei/Mongolia 2:30 pm IST
Sailing: (September 21-27)- 9 am IST onwards
- Men's Windsurfing - iQFoil-Jerome Kumar Savarimuthu
- Men's Skiff - 49er-KC Ganapathy-Varun Thakkar
- Women's Skiff - 49erFX-Harshita Tomar-Shital Verma
- Mixed Dinghy - 470-Sudhanshu Shekhar-Preeti Kongara
- Boy's Dinghy - ILCA4- Adhvait Menon
- Girl's Dinghy - ILCA4- Neha Thakur
- Men's Kite - IKA Formula Kite - Chitresh Tatha
- Women's Single Dinghy - ILCA6-Nethra Kumanan
- Mixed Multihull - Nacra 17-Siddeshwar Indar Doiphode-Ramya Saravanan
- Men's Windsurfer - RS: X-Eabad Ali
- Men's Dinghy - ILCA7,-Vishnu Saravanan
- Women's Windsurfer - RS: X-Ishwariya Ganesh