Zhang Weili is a Mixed Martial Artist who competes in the strawweight division of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). She made her Professional MMA debut in 2013 and as of March 2023, she ranks number 4 in UFC women's Pound-for-Pound rankings.
Zhang Weili started training at the age of 6 in martial arts. Looking at her interest, she was joined in a specialized martial arts school by her parents where she began training for a special Chinese style of wrestling called Shuai jiao. Weili revealed that Hong Kong action superstar Donnie Yen was her inspiration to compete in MMA.
Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1989
Height: 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)
According to different sources, her net worth is estimated to be $2 million US dollars in 2023. Her initial salary for the first fight was reported to be $31,500 initially with base pay being $14,000 and $3,500 as incentive week payment (with $14,000 as a win bonus).
In her recent fight with Joanna Jedrzejczyk, she was reported to have earned around $2,90,000. In her MMA career overall she has won 23 out of 26 matches (by Knockout - 11, Submission - 8, Decision - 4). As of now, the details of her car collection remain unknown.
Zhang Weili is a brand ambassador for cosmetics brand Estee Lauder in China.
Records and Achievements:
* Won Women's Strawweight Championship awards in 2019 & 2022
* She is the first-ever Chinese Champion in UFC history
* Won Performance of the Night award 3 times in UFC
* Currently KLF Female Strawweight Champion
* Was awarded comeback fighter of the year by MMA Junkie.com website in 2022
* Won the 2022 Female fighter of the year award from various websites like ESPN, BT Sport and MMA Junkie.com
* Top FC Strawweight champion once
* World Fighter of the year 2019-2020 by MMA Awards
* Won the 2020 Fight of the year award against Joanna Jedrzejczyk from many websites (ESPN, Cageside press, Bleacher Report, BT Sport etc.)
* Has a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu