As the World Test Championship 2021-2023 cycle is about to come to an end , the biggest question among all is can India and Pakistan play the final of WTC 2023? The last time India and Pakistan played a Test match against each other was in 2007. Thus the fans are very excited to see these two sides play a Test match after a very long time. Here in this article, we will have a look at whether is it possible to see an Indo-Pak clash in Test,
For India and Pakistan to play each other in WTC 2023 Final, countries like South Africa and Australia should be eliminated from the race. For best case purpose, we assume India win all their remaining 6 games so that they confirm their birth for WTC 2023 finals and also ensure Australia lose 4 games on trot.
Pakistan can maximum reach 54.76% if they can win their remaining 3 games in WTC 2021-23 cycle. thus, both Australia and South Africa should have lesser than 54.76% finally.
- South Africa can maximum win 2 out of their 5 remaining games and they will stay at 53.33%
- Australia can maximum win 1 out of 7 remaining games and they will stay at 52.63%
Thus in the upcoming SA vs AUS series SA should beat Australia by 2-1 and WI must beat SA by 2-0 margin in 2023.
Above all this, Sri Lanka can reach 61.11% if they win their remaining two games against New Zealand thus, New Zealand must beat Sri Lanka at least once in the upcoming Test series.
Hence, for a IND vs PAK WTC 2023 final:
1. India must win all their six remaining games
2. South Africa must beat Australia by 2-1 margin in upcoming Test series
3. West Indies must beat South Africa by 2-0 margin in upcoming Test series
4. New Zealand must beat Sri Lanka at least once in the upcoming Test series
Note:- Case of Penalty or drawn games (due to poor weather) cases hasn't been counted.