David Beckham is a former English professional football player and current president of Inter Miami CF. Beckham represented his national side England from 1996-2009 and played for club teams like Manchester United, Real Madrid, and PSG (Paris Saint-Germain) too. Beckham is known for his range of passing, crossing ability and bending free kicks as a right winger.
David Beckham has been hailed as one of the greatest midfielders of his generation and is also considered one of the best English players in the history of this sport. He was also considered to be a British cultural icon and a global ambassador of football. He is also the co-owner of Salford City and Miami CF. The England native has been consistently ranked among the highest-paid footballers in the world.
Age: 48 years
Date of Birth: 2 May 1975
Height: 6 feet 0 inches
David Becham's net worth as of June 2023 is estimated to be around $450 million. He topped Forbes's highest-paid soccer players list in 2013 while playing for PSG with a salary of $50.6 million. As of now, his current salary is $50 million as per different sources (like Celebrity Net Worth).
Beckham invested a lot in football-related business activities like he founded David Beckham Academy in 2005, which operates from two sites, one from London and other in Los Angeles. In Feb 2014, Major League Soccer (MLS) announced that Beckham exercised his option to buy a team for $25 million, and his club Inter Miami CF made his debut in March 2020. He also owned, 10% of the club team Salford City in Jan 2019.
David Beckham's company DB Ventures had a turnover of $90 million in 2021, and he has earned over 150 million Euros for being the face of FIFA WC 2022. He also got over 12.7 million Euros from his image rights company footwork productions Ltd in 2016.
Beckham endorses brands like Adidas, Konami, Tudor, Kent & Curwen, Diageo, Jaguar, etc. and through these he has reportedly earned $42 million, even after his retirement. In 2003, Beckham signed a lifetime deal with Adidas for $160 million. In 2014, he partnered with Global Brands Group to extend his own brand.
Notably in 2017, he bagged the seventh spot in Forbes' all-time highest-paid athlete with a career earning of $800 million, and later in 2018, he was also appointed as a brand ambassador of British fashion. Beckham was also appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in January 2005.
Beckham has had an incredible car collection in his career over the years. Overall, he has spent more than 3 million Euros on cars alone. He has owned cars like Aston Martin V8 Vantage X-Pack Volante ($5,50,000), Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead ($4,60,000), McLaren MP4-12C Spider ($3,32,390), 1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello ($1,78,000), Lamborghini Gallardo ($1,59,500), and Hummer H2 ($1,46,986).
Records and Achievements:
* First Englishman to win league titles in four countries (England, Spain, United States, and France).
* England Player of the Year in 2003.
* Won Six Premier League titles with Manchester United in 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03.
* Won La Liga title for Real Madrid in 2006-07.
* Won Ligue 1 title with PSG in 2013.
* FIFA World Player of the Year: Silver award in 1999 & 2001.
* UEFA club footballer and midfielder of the year in 1998-99.
* BBC Sports Personality of the Year award in 2001 & Lifetime award in 2010.
* Two times Supporters Shield winner (2009/10 & 2010/11) and two times MLS Cup Champion (2010/11 & 2011/12) for LA Galaxy.
* Most free kicks scored in the Premier League (18) and also most free kicks in a single Premier League season (5).
* Won PFA (Professional Football Association) young player of the Year award in 1996-97.
* Won Intercontinental Cup with Manchester United in 1999.