Uruguay will begin their FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign with a seven-game unbeaten streak and will look to continue their unbeaten streak against Heung-Min Son's South Korea in their Group H opener on Thursday. Uruguay are scheduled to face South Korea at the Education City Stadium and both the teams are placed in the Group H alongside Portugal and Ghana.
While Uruguay managed eight victories and six defeats in their 18 games at the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers, South Korea lost just one and won seven of their 10 AFC World Cup qualifier matches in the third round. Uruguay are favourites in the game, however, the Asian team could pierce through the South American team's defence.
Uruguay vs South Korea: Match Preview
- Uruguay and South Korea have faced each other eight times and the former dominated the matchup with six victories while the latter won one game.
- Uruguay and South Korea faced each other in the 2010 World Cup and the former won the fixture 2-1.
- In international friendlies, South Korea have defeated Uruguay in their latest match against each other in 2018 while Uruguay have won two times in 2007 and 2014.
- Uruguay include Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani, Darwin Nunez, Federico Valverde, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ronald Araujo as their top players.
- South Korea include Heung-Min Son, Min-Jae Kim, Young-gwon Kim, Woo-jeong Yeong as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Uruguay 2-0 South Korea)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
Uruguay vs South Korea: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Uruguay -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Uruguay 2-0 South Korea
- Uruguay have -135 odds to pick up the win, while South Korea are listed at +425 to claim victory.
- The draw between Uruguay and South Korea has been listed at +250 odds.
- Uruguay scored a total of 22 goals in 18 matches at the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers while South Korea scored 13 goals in 10 AFC World Cup qualifying matches.
- From their opponents, Uruguay conceded as many goals as they scored while South Korea managed a difference of 10 goals more.
- South Korea (+0.5) are placed on +105 odds while Uruguay (-0.5) have -145 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +120, Under -175.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.