After playing a draw with the USA in their first match at the FIFA World Cup 2022,ed to take on the likes of Iran, who lost their first game 6-2 against England, at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium on Friday, November 25. Wales are on the second place in the Group B while Iran are at the bottom of the points table.
Wales captain Gareth Bale produced another clutch moment in his career as he scored late equalizer against the USMNT to rescue a point for his team while Iran forward Mehdi Taremi showed a brighter side as he scored two goals in his team's loss against England
Wales vs Iran: Match Preview
- Wales and Iran have faced each other once as the European side winning the international friendly 1-0 in 1978.
- Wales include Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Daniel James, Brennan Johnson as their top players.
- Iran include Mehdi Taremi, Hossein Kanaanizadegan, Alireza Beiranvand, Ali Gholizadeh as their top players.
Predicted halftime scores: (Wales 2-0 Iran)
- 1st Half: 1-0
- 2nd Half: 1-0
Wales vs Iran: Betting Odds (FT)
Handicap (Spread): 0.5 points (Wales -0.5)
Over/Under: 2.5 (Under)
Prediction: Wales 2-0 Iran
- Wales have +110 odds to pick up the win, while Iran are listed at +275 to claim victory.
- The draw between Wales and Iran has been listed at +220 odds.
- Wales scored 17 goals in 10 UEFA World Cup qualifying matches while Iran scored 15 goals in 10 third round matches at the AFC World Cup qualifiers.
- From their opponents in the qualifiers, Wales managed a difference of seven goals more, on the other hand, Iran managed a difference of 11 goals more.
- Iran (+0.5) are placed on -140 odds while Wales (-0.5) have +100 odds.
- The full-time score has been set to 2.5 goals. Over +135, Under -200.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.