2023 NBA In-Season Semi-Final: Lakers vs Pelicans Prediction & Odds
LeBron James-led Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to square off against Brandon Ingram's New Orleans Pelicans at the Crypto.com Arena on Thursday night in the 2023 NBA In-Season Tournament. While the Lakers defeated Kevin Durant and Devin Booker's Phoenix Suns in the quarter-final, the Pelicans defeated De'Aaron Fox and Domantas Sabonis' Sacramento Kings to qualify for the first-ever In-Season semi-final.
In the 2023-24 NBA regular season Western Conference standings, the Lakers, who are currently on a two-game winning streak, are placed fifth with 13 wins in 22 matches while the Pelicans, who defeated the Sacramento Kings in their previous fixture, have managed the eighth spot with a 12-10 record. The Lakers have lost two of their 11 home games while the Pelicans have won four of their 10 road games so far this season.
Lakers vs Pelicans: Match Prediction
Lakers vs Pelicans Head-To-Head:
- The Los Angeles Lakers dominated the New Orleans Pelicans with three wins last season in their four regular season fixtures.
- Both teams shared five wins each in their last 10 NBA regular season matches.
- The Lakers are currently on a two-game winning streak against the Pelicans in the regular season.
Lakers vs Pelicans Top Players:
- The Lakers feature LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Austin Reaves, D'Angelo Russell, and Rui Hachimura as their star players.
- The Pelicans feature Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, CJ McCollum, Jose Alvarado, and Jonas Valančiūnas as their star players.
Average Quarter score: (Lakers 118-115 Pelicans)
- 1st quarter: 28-32
- 2nd quarter: 27-25
- 3rd quarter: 34-30
- 4th quarter: 29-28
Pelicans at Lakers: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 1.5 points (Lakers -1.5)
Over/Under (OU): 229.5 (Over)
Prediction: Lakers 118-115 Pelicans
Lakers vs Pelicans Money Line:
- The Lakers vs Pelicans money line: Lakers -130; Pelicans +110.
- This season, the Lakers have lost three of the 14 games as the favorites, while the Pelicans have won nine of the 14 games as the underdogs.
- This season, the Lakers have won two of the eight games as the underdogs, while the Pelicans have lost four of the seven games as the favorites.
Lakers vs Pelicans Against The Spread:
- In the NBA 2023-24 regular season, the Lakers are averaging 112.2 points per game, while the Pelicans are averaging 114.6 points per game.
- From their opponents this season, the Lakers are scoring 0.8 points less per game, and the Pelicans are scoring 1.2 points more per game.
Lakers vs Pelicans Over/Under:
- For the Pelicans, Brandon Ingram is leading the squad this season with 23.7 points per game followed by Zion Williamson with 22.7 points per game. Apart from them, CJ McCollum is averaging 20.7 ppg while Trey Murphy III is scoring 17 ppg.
- For the Lakers, LeBron James is leading the squad this season with 24.4 points per game, followed by Anthony Davis with 22.9 points per game. Apart from them, D'Angelo Russell is averaging 17.1 ppg while Austin Reaves is scoring 13.7 ppg.
Lakers vs Pelicans: How to Watch
When and where will the Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match take place?
The NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Lakers and Pelicans will take place on December 8 at 07:30 a.m. IST (December 7, 10:00 p.m. ET) at the Crypto.com Arena.
Where to watch the live telecast of the Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match in India and the US?
The live telecast of the NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Lakers and Pelicans will be available on Sports 18 in India and on TNT and NBA TV in the US.
Where to watch the live stream of the Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans, NBA 2023-24 regular season match in India and the US?
The NBA 2023-24 regular season match between the Lakers and Pelicans can be streamed live on Jio Cinema, and NBA.com on a subscription basis in India, and on ESPN and ABC in the US.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.