LeBron James-led Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to travel to the FedExForum on Sunday to face Ja Morant's Memphis Grizzlies in the first game of their NBA 2022-23 Western Conference playoffs, Round 1. In the Western Conference regular season standings, the Grizzlies finished in second place with a 51-31 record while the Lakers have managed the seventh spot after defeating Minnesota Timberwolves in the play-in tournament.
Download SportsTiger mobile app to follow all the latest sports news
In their last five NBA fixtures, the Grizzlies, who lost their last game against Oklahoma City Thunder, have won two matches while the Lakers, who won their last game against Minnesota Timberwolves, have lost just one. The Grizzlies have lost six of their 41 home games while the Lakers have won 20 of their 41 road games in the NBA 2022-23.
Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers: Match Prediction
- Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers have played three games in the regular season and the Lakers won twice while the Grizzlies won a game.
- The Grizzlies and the Lakers will play their first NBA Playoff series against each other.
- The Grizzlies include Ja Morant, Desmond Bane, Steven Adams, Jaren Jackson Jr., and Dillon Brooks as their star players.
- The Lakers include LeBron James, Anthony Davis, D'Angelo Russell, Austin Reaves, and Rui Hachimura as their star players.
Injured/Game Time Decision:
- Lakers: -
- Grizzlies: Steven Adams, Brandon Clarke - GTD
Average Quarter score: (Grizzlies 116-113 Lakers)
- 1st quarter: 31-26
- 2nd quarter: 30-28
- 3rd quarter: 28-29
- 4th quarter: 27-30
Lakers at Grizzlies: Betting Odds
Against The Spread (ATS): 3.5 points (Lakers +3.5)
Over/Under (OU): 227.5 (Over)
Prediction: Grizzlies 104-106 Lakers
- The Grizzlies have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Lakers are listed at +140 to claim victory.
- This season, the Grizzlies lost 18 of the 66 games they were named the favorites while the Lakers won 16 of the 44 games they played as the underdogs.
- This season, the Grizzlies won three of the 16 games they were named the underdogs while the Lakers lost 11 of the 39 games they played as the favorites.
Against The Spread:
- In the NBA 2022-23, the Lakers are scoring 117.2 points per game while the Grizzlies are averaging 116.9 points per game.
- From their opponents this season, the Grizzlies are averaging 3.9 points more per game, and the Lakers are managing a difference of 0.6 points more per game.
- For the Grizzlies, two players are averaging more than 20 points per game as Ja Morant leads the squad with 26.2 points per game followed by Desmond Bane with 21.5 points per game.
- For the Lakers, two players are averaging more than 20 points per game as LeBron James leads the squad with 28.9 points per game followed by Anthony Davis with 25.9 points per game.
Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers: How to Watch
When and where will the Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match take place?
The NBA match between Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers will take place on April 17 at 12:30 am IST (April 16, 02:00 pm ET) at the FedExForum.
Where to watch the live telecast of the Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The live telecast of the NBA match between Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers will be available on Sports 18 in India and on TNT and NBA TV in the US.
Where to watch the live stream of the Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers, NBA 2022-23 playoffs match in India and the US?
The NBA match between Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers can be streamed live on Voot Select, Jio Cinema, and NBA.com on a subscription basis in India, and on ESPN and ABC in the US.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the author’s point of view. They neither reflect the opinion of SportsTiger nor advise anyone to make any prediction based on this. SportsTiger does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.