Ahead of the ODI World Cup 2023 in India, a fire broke out at the Eden Gardens stadium in Kolkata. The incident reportedly took place on Wednesday, August 9, during the ongoing renovation work at the venue for the marquee tournament.
The fire was caused because of a short circuit being reported in the dressing room around the evening. The development was reported by India Today. The report confirmed that not much damage was done as the fire was controlled by two fire engines while the players’ belongings present in the dressing room at the time were completely reduced to ashes.